ABOUT KIDS FIRST CHICAGO
Kids First Chicago is a 501(c)3 not for profit organization. We are team of dedicated individuals who believe that education is the key to brighter future for all.
Kids First Chicago offers excellent health benefits, 401K plan and group life insurance.
The Data Analyst supports Kids First Chicago in developing, rolling out, monitoring and improving data systems and tools for the organization. These analytics will serve both as internal fact-checks around school performance, choice behavior, community data, and more, as well as providing a concrete foundation for addressing and shaping broader educational policy. The Data Analyst also provides critical analyses and thought partnership to better interpret and use data to identify macro and micro level policy improvements for broader organizational advocacy efforts. Together with the Kids First policy team, the Data Analyst will play an important role in developing and promoting a more data-driven culture
across the organization.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in analytics, math, data management or computer science content
- Statistics experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills; experience with school data and SIS applications such as PowerSchool, Schoolzilla and Tableau preferred
Skills & Competencies
- You are passionate about the boundless potential of kids in our city and working to provide high quality education options for all; your decisions are consistently made through the lens of what is best for students and their families
- You are committed to providing high levels of service to various internal and external stakeholders
- You anticipate and work to overcome challenges, persevere and meet goals
- You have experience solving complicated and multi-faceted problems and generating a variety of innovative, effective solutions
- You have a proven record of collaborating with team members and partners to achieve ambitious goals; you quickly build trusting relationships and understand personal motivations; you value differing opinions and seek out dissenting perspectives to strengthen solutions
- You can translate complex content to key decision-makers and stakeholders, adapting framing and messaging based upon the audience
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, able to strategically prioritize time and competing initiatives, focusing on those that will have the greatest impact on students
- You crave feedback and identify what you need to excel, striving to constantly improve upon the status quo
- Strong project management - You can balance the big picture with the necessary attention to detail while maintaining a high bar for quality and high level of productivity
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources, and where appropriate helps establish and maintain databases/data systems
- Filters and “cleans” data from multiple sources to ensure accuracy in ongoing and routine data analyses
- Keeps abreast of developments in data systems and tools; locates and defines new system and process improvement opportunities
Reporting, Analysis and Data Advisory
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Conducts analysis and develops regular school, operator and organizational performance reports for specific grants
- Develops customized data reports Chief of Development for specific fundraising asks
- Supports senior leadership in ongoing measurement of school performance and other integrated community factors for schools across CPS
- Provides capacity-building support to Advocacy Team on the use of data tools and applications
Position currently available. Targeting July 1 start date
How To Apply
Phone inquiries are not accepted.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.